Sunday, July 20, 2008

AMAZING ELEPHANTS OF ANDAMAN!


My family and I went to Andamans during our holidays. At Andamans we stayed in a cottage at a small resort called Bare Foot. In the resort there was an elephant named Rajan. Next to the resort there was a beach. Once when we went to the beach we saw Rajan swimming in the sea. His head was inside the water and his trunk was out so that he could breathe. It was amazing to see him splash his trunk in the waves. Later in the evening we thought we could feed Rajan. But Rajan was not well and had stepped on a thorn. We could see tears come down his eyes. The person who looked after him said that we could not feed him for he has to eat only leaves to get better. The next day we went to an elephant show in a beach. There a person said we could feed them. But when I fed the baby elephant the big elephant pushed his trunk forward to get the banana from me. I held the banana and walked away, and the elephant ran behind me to get the banana. When the elephant man took out the chains the elephants rushed and jumped into the water. The mummy elephant fetched water by her trunk and sprayed it on the baby elephant. We saw an elephant take a stick and brush his teeth. I rode on an elephant and I felt scared and excited I was really really scared and felt as if I was sliding down his back when the elephant knelt and then sat down .I jumped down and patted the elephant’s back. I did not know that elephants were so smart. They actually made me think they are smarter than me.

By Dhrithi

5 comments:

Sandhya said...

Lovely photos and nice writing... Hope to read more about your other holiday experiences..
Sandhyaamma

Dibs said...

fantastic. very good article D2 keep writting.Rappa and Camma

HeyRam said...

Hi D2,

Very nice story and lovely pictures.

Did you know elephants can swim underwater - heres a link
http://emol.org/tv/programs/planetearth/planetearth.html

You should see the Planet Earth BBC TV series if you get the chance - its is wonderful!!

YOSEE said...

WOW ! Wasnt that a wonderful holiday ! And written so well too ! Pics are great. Smart elephants and smarter kutties !Keep writing - Love, V.Chitti

S.R.Ramachandran said...

Very enjoyable to read. keep it up and continue to write. appa